Has anyone watched the ‘Rise of the Guardians’ yet? If you haven’t done so, please watch it! The movie will leave you in awe and take you on a magical ride back to your childhood. It was released in November 2012, so you should be able to find the DVD/Blu-ray by now. The movie has all your favorite childhood magical characters – Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Sand Man (who comes at night to give you sweet dreams), and Jack Frost (not commonly known; he is the one who brings winter magic – snow, frost and everything you love about winter ). My favorite characters are Santa and Sandy.
I saw the trailer when I went to watch Madagascar 3 with my brothers. Everything about it – the story line, the characters and animation, the music – I mean, EVERYTHING about it excites me until today. It is so magical and wonderful. It’s a great family and kid-friendly movie and I highly recommend it. Dear parents, it is true that this movie doesn’t help explaining to children about the truth. I can imagine how children will start crying once you break the news. It’s difficult to burst their bubble and tell them the truth of these characters’ existence; however, let them watch, let their imagination run wild. When you think they are ready to accept the truth, it’s a great idea to explain the symbolic/cultural meaning behind all these characters to them.
When it comes to animation, I can’t stop talking because I’m very passionate about it. I want to bring two of my passions together, cooking/baking and animation. Furthermore, I’ve been eager to make cake pops for a long time because they seem really fun and they are perfect for any occasions. Since tomorrow is Easter, I’ll show you how to make cake pops inspired from ‘Rise of Guardians’. The eggs in the movie are so colorful and cute! So, I chose to decorate them according to the color of the eggs shown below.
You can decorate them with whatever available in your pantry. Just be creative!
I first stumbled upon here when I was searching for a good cake pops recipe. She has some great post. Please pay her a visit 🙂 I followed one of her recipes but I added/omitted some ingredients because we didn’t have all items available. Nonetheless, it is still a success! Hope you like them!
Rise of Guardians Cake Pops
Make: ± 24
- 10 Tbs butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs milk
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate chips
- Candy melts (Got them from Michaels)
- Cake pop sticks/straws (Got mine here)
- Combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl and mix well
- Add milk, salt, and vanilla extract to (1) and mix
- Add flour and baking powder to (2). Add more flour to make it denser or add more milk to make the dough thinner
- Throw in chocolate chips. Combine well
- Roll dough into bite-size balls
- Let them sit in the fridge for 15 – 20 minutes
- Melt candy melts in microwave for 30 secs, stir. Put it back in the microwave for another 30 sec, stir until smooth
- Dip just a tiny bit of the straw into the candy melts (7) then stick it to the pops
- Lastly, dip the pops into the candy melts and let it drip completely before you let it dry on a Styrofoam.
DO NOT ADD ANY FOOD COLORING TO THE CANDY MELTS!! Check back for what happened in the kitchen!