Hello, this is Frans again! Aah.. Love is in the air, isn’t it? Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! What does Valentine’s Day mean to you? For me personally, I think it is a day where you show your love and appreciation to your loved ones, not only your significant other, but also your family and friends. Jojo and I had been experimenting in the kitchen with different kind of recipes just for this special day. Since Valentine’s Day is kind of a special day, I thought it would be okay to let loose a little bit with, you know.., alcohol 😉
We finally decided to make this recipe because it is very simple and easy to whip up for that last minute gift. These rum balls are perfect gifts because they are easy to make and delicious. Not only that, you can decorate them however you want. The possibility is endless. Oh, you can serve them frozen or at room temperature too, depends on what you like. Anyway, let’s get started!
- 250 grams graham crackers, crushed
- 150 grams confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 30 ml rum (I used Kahlua)
- 35 ml water
- 120 grams butter, room temperature
- 100 grams chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Form into balls and chill in the fridge for approximately 2 hours.
- Roll the rum balls into chocolate sprinkles, cocoa powder or even icing sugar.
How cute are they?
❤ Hope you have a great Valentine’s Day ❤